|.: RAINY :.
|.: SCREENSAVER :.
|.: DON'T MISS :.
Tell your friends about Rainy Screensaver
and enter the contest to win a shareware CD
- New feature added. If you have a very sensitive mouse that often stops the
screensaver even when you don't move it, you will like this feature. Now you
can instruct the screensaver to ignore your mouse. It will stop only if you
press a key on your keyboard. Furthermore, you can even tell it to ignore the
keyboard except the ESC key. Very useful if you don't want your kids messing
some documents left open while you are away. See the possible options on the
Control page in the screensaver settings.
- New feature added. Now you can limit the CPU load produced by the screensaver.
It can be handy if you have some CPU-hungry applications running in the
background. Lowering CPU load in screensaver settings will slow down
animations, but will provide other applications with required CPU resources
when needed. You can adjust the allowed CPU load on the Control page in the
- Minor improvement. The screensaver UI now supports visual themes in Windows XP.
That is, it doesn't look gray and ugly under Windows XP anymore.
- Minor improvement. Now every option in the settings dialog has a context help
with a brief explanation. Click the little question mark in the top right
corner and then click on the option to read what it's for.
- Minor improvement. The screensaver now has a normal preview visible in Display
- Minor improvement. The settings dialog has been redesigned. Now when you
invoke screensaver settings you will get them immediately. The intermediate
dialog has been discarded.
- New feature added. Now you can enjoy lightning flashes along with lightning
bolts. This feature adds a new background effect emulating flashes of
lightning. See ReadMe file for details on available options.
- Minor improvement. Lightning bolts now have a bit more realistic structure.
- Major feature added. Finally! Rainy Screen Saver comes with the long-awaited
sound support. Now you can enjoy the sound of rain accompanied by lightning claps. Refer
to ReadMe.txt file for the description of available sound options.
- Minor improvement. The last version made it a bit harder to launch the screen
saver in the preview mode from Display Properties. This issue has been fixed.
- Minor improvement. Lightning strikes are not restricted to almost vertical
- New feature added. Now the rainy mood is amplified by occasional
lightning strikes! See ReadMe.txt for details on available options.
- New feature added. No more need to unpack screensaver installation files.
Rainy Screen Saver now comes as a single self-extracting installer that
allows you to create program icons and desktop shortcut for launching the
screensaver on demand. Also it is now possible to set Rainy Screen Saver
as the default screensaver from the installer itself.
- Bug fixed. "Overall speed" control had erratical behavior (reported by Robert
- Workaround. Latest NVidia video drivers caused annoying flicker when running
screensaver (reported by Shaun Hastie-Fuller and Cindy S., thanks).
- Workaround. On some hardware configurations mouse cursor stayed on top of the
screensaver window (reported by Richard Klinkhammer, thanks).
- New feature added. Now you can compose a list of your favorite wallpapers
and enjoy them with a rainy look! Sequential and random preloading orders
- New option "Set density gradually" added. Enabling this option will make
the rain to start even more naturally.
- New option "Overall speed". Now you can adjust the overall speed of the
screensaver if you feel it is running too fast.
- "Wind force" option now allows running more powerful wind than it was able
before. Try setting it near its maximum and see how dramatically it can
improve the overall impression!
- Bug fixed. Occasional sharp jumps of the raindrops were possible.
- New feature added. Customizable options for rain model and display modes.
- Workaround. Screen saver failed to install registration key copied
to clipboard from Eudora e-mail client.
- Bug fixed. Unregistered copy pops up registration reminders repetitively
upon trial period completion when run on Windows 95/98/Me.
- Bug fixed. Creating shortcut to Rainy Screen Saver leaves the shortcut
with uninstaller icon (reported by Karim Popatia, thanks).
- Bug fixed. Running screen saver for about 10 minutes can occasionally
lead to internal error with access violation (reported by Paul ODwyer,
- Initial release.
Copyright (C) 2002-2006 ElasticSystems.com. All rights reserved.
| Privacy Statement
| Contact Us